Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Kids Homemade Oogie Boogie Costume!

My four year old daughter asked me if she could be Mr. Oogie boogie Man from the Nightmare Before Christmas for Halloween this year... How could I say no? I knew it was going to be pretty hard (and it was!!!) and I see nothing but flaws in the finished product, of course... But, she is happy and we had fun trick or treating! Thought I'd share the results:

Kids Oogie Boogie Costume


The costume is made out of burlap, lined with an old grey flannel sheet and sewn together with grey thick yarn. I basically made two sandwich pieces of burlap and flannel and then sewed her into it. It has a zipper in the back. I hot glued it in! It was a gamble (in true Boogie Fashion..) And it worked, at least long enough for trick-or-treat.

Oh, an here was my original sketch:
Sketch and material for oogie boogie costume


Im exhausted! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is such a fantastic costume. You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete